Monday, June 4, 2012

Things are getting interesting......

Hey y'all, guess what? This past week had some pretty great surprises for me! And yep, I must share. It involves a concert, a photo shoot, a surprise phone call and a shift in moods. Let me explain. I have still been on an emotional roller coaster lately, still trying to figure out my ever pressing big question of "what I want to be when I grow up". My brain is tired of thinking. Do they make an idea shut off medicine? Anyway, I've pretty much decided and now to get to work...... on Southern Belle Magazine and this blog. 


You get to be the first to hear that Southern Belle Magazine has some exciting projects in the works. One of the new features will be giveaways & contests. Prizes for you!! Yay! We'll also be having our own you-tube channel!! It will feature videos that YOU will LOVE! Tutorials on fashion, beauty and recipes and all things southern videos such as home decor ideas and places to visit and/or shop. I am so stinkin' excited to play with this! Welllll, other than the fact that I've just recently started trying to lose weight so my 1st several hosting videos will be me in all my fluffy glory. But hey, guess you'll get to see my transformation first hand.
Next, as for this blog... I will be switching it over to a wordpress site and it is going to be SO CUTE! I'll also be adding giveaways to this site too! AND, IF you all are interested, we might just start up The Southern Wives Club. Whatcha think? 


As for my week's surprises.... my 16 yr. old daughter is a huge Justin Beiber fan. Ok, yes, I'll admit it, I like him too and so does my 24 year old daughter. His upcoming tour will bring him to two cities near us: Atlanta and Birmingham so of course she's been bugging me to get tickets. She thought they went on sale on Saturday but then realized around lunchtime on Friday that the tickets were already on sale. I just KNEW we had probably missed out since tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. and his concerts sell out pretty fast. But, good mama that I am, went online and luckily there were some nose bleed seats left in both cities. We chose Birmingham and so in January 2013, I'll be taking my girls to see the Beibs and listen to them and thousands of other screaming girls for 2 hours. Makin' Memories..... gotta love it.


Next news- I get to be in my first photo shoot!! It's for a plus size boutique in Panama City Beach, FL and I am super excited. I normally don't like to have my photo taken but this will be fun! Who knows, maybe I can even score a free outfit from it. When I told my hubby I was going to be in a photo shoot, he said "what? one you're putting on?" Very funny.


Surprise Phone Call.... well, I can't say much about that. I can say that it was from another magazine wanting to have me in their next issue!!!!! And no, I didn't solicit them. Bet that's what you were thinking. Nope, they actually contacted me! My youngest says, "wow, you're gonna be famous".  (insert huge LOL here) But it is very exciting! Forward motion toward the future. Soon to be a household name! lol, well, maybe not me but hopefully Southern Belle Mag.




I've talked yer ear off so I'll shut it up now. Will update tomorrow on my 90 day challenge!!!


Until then,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment