Monday, September 24, 2012

I am in Love with Mark Zuckerberg!


Just look at that cute face!!! What's NOT to love? And the fact that he has a little money doesn't hurt either. So of course I'm in love with the guy! Ok, before you go teasing my sweet, handsome hubby, let me set the record straight and stop kidding around.

Yes, I do love Mark Zuckerberg...... for starting facebook. There, my secret's out. While I am definitely a people person, I'm not one to be all over every social activity there is. I've never even laid eyes on a single page of MySpace, I barely know how to tweet, I haven't started on Google Plus or LinkedIn yet, I don't read the gossip magazines or participate in live gossip, but oh do I love facebook!

Facebook has been around for quite a while. I'm not even sure when it launched. To me, it was just another one of those socializing sites that I felt too "old" for and couldn't care less about..... until about 2 years ago. I actually joined facebook for business purposes. I was told it was the fastest way to get the word out about businesses and totally free. So I signed up. I worked my business page but rarely did anything on my personal page. But, it kind of grew on me! I liked being able to chat with long lost friends! It's not like I get to see these people every day so it became very fun. Not to mention all of the great photos and funnies you get to see posted minute by minute if you choose to stay plugged in for any length of time.

But it wasn't until recently that it really hit me just how much I really am in love with facebook (and Mark)! It's because of the Southern Belle Magazine page. It brings me such great joy to share fun stuff with others who I get to call friends although I've never even met over 8500 of them! These friends leave comments that are complimenting, funny and even a few that make you go hmmm. Yes, I do get those mean comments but my man Mark even took care of that with the lovely little delete button! What's even more amazing is that So.Belle has fans/friends from not only all over the US but from other countries, such as Japan, the UK, New Zealand, Israel, Canada and Australia! It's truly humbling and such a treat to post something at 2 a.m. in the morning here in Alabama and to have a comment from someone who is halfway thru their day in another part of the world.

So, thank you cute Mark for your gift to the world. May we all use it wisely. After all, what would our world be like without friends, even the facebook kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment