Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Icky, Yucky Funk

I think I have to officially admit that I am in a temporary (hopefully), icky, yucky funk! You know, the one where you're not really TOO tired, you're not actually depressed, you're just feeling a bit lazy & blah. I'm sure lots of you women who have crazy, busy lives can understand what I'm talkin' about. I'm pretty sure I have adult ADD, well at least that's what my hubby thinks! My brain goes in a hundred different directions at all times and I think sometimes even it just says "enough" and forces me to take a breather! Proof? See this pic?

Yep, my Christmas tree is still up! Last week I used the excuse that the BCS Championship game day was a holiday, this week, I'm all out of excuses! I did get the outside stuff down 2 weeks ago so at least the outside world didn't see how "redneck" I am by leaving Christmas lights up! Guess I'd better get it down tomorrow. Another week and even I'll start believing something's seriously wrong with me!
     On a more serious note, here's the latest update on our Skylar. (For those of you who don't know, Skylar is the 17 yr.old boyfriend of my youngest daughter, Jessie and has Hodgkin's Lymphoma). He was able to come home last week for a few days, after 4 weeks in Children's Hospital in Birmingham. It did him a WORLD of good! His attitude is much better and he is determined to fight this battle with a smile on his face. His faith, all of our support, hundreds of people's prayers and of course, Jessie, are all helping him face the toughest battle of his life. He's had lots of medical issues his entire life so needles, doctors and hospitals, he's used to...... this time..... whole new ballgame. But as the Martina McBride song goes.... we're gonna love him through it. My God is still in the same miracle business today as he was when he rose Lazarus from the dead. Here is a pic of Skylar, now wearing his boggin because he's lost almost all of his hair. He went back up to B-ham this past Tuesday for another round of chemo and is back home again until next treatment. Gosh, I love that kid!

Well, I've taken up enough time and space today. I'll be updating again in a day or so on new projects I'm working on! Actually, old projects but with new life!
Until next time,
AMY

No comments:

Post a Comment