Saturday, March 3, 2012

Stress Eating, Sales & Girl's Night

Well I don't know about ya'll but I pretty much blew it this week on the whole weight loss thing. It was a rough week for me and I'm a stress eater! How'd you do? I would say I did about a 2 on a scale of 1-10. But I guess that's better than a zero, right? After all, I did say it would take me baby steps to get it going. I did, however, pay attention to WHY I was doing bad and I intend to work on those areas so hopefully this week I'll be able to rate myself at least a 4. Do you stress eat too? We could be millionaires if we could figure out a solution to that problem! Hmmm, something new to think about!


I'll add some new tips for us to try at the end of this post, but for now I have to tell you about an unusual yard sale I had this week. As most of you know, I have a retail business selling clothes, jewelry, purses, etc. We closed our store Jan.31st and will now be going to an online boutique instead. I had lots of things left from the store that I wanted to sell and just start with fresh, new  inventory in the online store. I wanted to have an actual yard sale, you know, outside on tables with people pulling their cars over and getting out to shop. BUT, it has pretty much been raining for a month here in South Alabama so planning a yard sale just didn't seem to be in the cards.


My solution? Have an online yard sale on facebook! So that's what I did! I posted photos, added yard sale prices and told the 'fans' to comment sold and the first who did got the item! I've done 2 out of 3 rounds so far and it is SO MUCH FUN! I think the fans enjoy it too! Final round will be in a couple of days, then comes the hard part! Having to schedule times to meet folks for pick up of the items they bought! But hey, it's easier than unpacking it all onto tables then packing back up what didn't sell. So think about that next time you want to sell some stuff! Post it on your facebook! Just may work for you too!
So I guess I get to end the week on a fun note too! It's Saturday and tonight there is a girl's only "passion" party. You know, the lingerie and other "stuff" kind of party! Yes, there are samples there. And no boys allowed! It's hilarious to see some of the wilder girls act out and oh, the comments that get said! So much fun. If you've never been and you get a chance to go, please do. Must warn you though, if you get embarrassed easily, the passion party is probably not the best place for you! But it is good fun with friends! Looking forward to some girl time.
So here's some new weight loss tips to try this week:


- Try to cut out all sodas and sweet tea. Maybe start out slow. If you drink 3 cans of soda per day, maybe just cut down to one- 1/2 during the 1st part of the day & the other 1/2 later.


-Keep easy snacks on hand such as: apples, grapes, bananas, a pre-cut veggie tray, 100 calorie pre-packaged snacks and fat free microwave popcorn.

-Eat 6-8 mini meals during the day versus 3 main meals. Throw in those snacks in between meals. See? You can actually eat MORE on the "D" word.


-Implement the RULE of ONE: have 1 cookie, 1 fun size candy bar, etc. each day. Don't deprive yourself completely.


-Want a quick craving deterrent? Try a red hot fireball! Flavorful and lasts a while!
-Adopt your own motto depending on how late at night you stay up. If you go to bed at 9 or 10 then your motto would be "After six you should nix". If you stay up til 11 or 12 then your motto could be "After eight is too late". Whichever motto you choose, stick to it and DON'T eat after your cut off time. That alone will make a big difference. And that alone is going to be hardest for me, I think!


Good Luck this week! We'll check our weights on Monday and see if we lost any despite our cheating! lol. Now off to get ready for my "sexy" date! 


Until next time,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment