Monday, February 20, 2012

Life is a Blessing.

     Today was an amazing day. God threw lots of little reminders my way of why I am truly blessed. And not one of those reminders involved money or things. I enjoyed a lunch meeting with some awesome women who I am so very proud to call my friends. I then spent the afternoon talking with one of the most creative, smart and hardest working women I've ever met. She inspires me.
     Tonight, I was humbled by a simple post on facebook that made me stop & reflect for a moment on how precious life is and the people who are in it. I must share a bit of her story.
    I met Natalie thru my jody magazine facebook page a little over a year ago. She is a photographer and someone had recommended I look at her work. I did. I was impressed. I called her to do a couple of shoots for the magazine. I watched this 23 year old young lady literally lay flat on the ground, in the dirt, to get the shot she wanted. She is a sweetheart and her enthusiasm is contagious. Her smile will make your day! After the first shoot she did for me, she told me her story.
    She, just one year before, had unexpectedly lost her husband. He died in his sleep from complications with a couple of health issues and medications. They had spent their last evening together having dinner and doing some shopping with friends in Panama City Beach. Justin wasn't feeling well that night, but pleased his bride by going along on the outing. He fell asleep on the couch later that night and never woke up. He and Natalie also have a young, little boy.


    Natalie told me this story with not one tear in her eyes. Something I can't even do as I write this. I knew that this was a pretty special girl. Since losing her love, she has poured her heart & soul into the photography business she is passionate about. I believe God has amazing plans for her life and her business. It is my honor to know her and to use her work in my magazines. Thank you Natalie, for blessing me with your strength, your smile and your beautiful photos. (You can find her on Facebook under Natalie Norris Photography and her website:  http://www.nnorrisphotography.com)



Until next time,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment