Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh, the things we can still learn!!!

     Ah, yet again I've learned a lot over the past couple of days. Yep, expanding those brain cells is pretty darn exciting! Here's a quick run down: first, I listened to a church service that I had missed recently and it was pointed out just how "puny" we Americans pray. We pray for safety about everything! Safe travels, safety during sports play, safety, safety. Then we pray for ourselves: bless our finances, keep us healthy, help me find a job or a spouse, etc. We pray for others: bless them, heal them, comfort them, etc. We tend to talk to God as if we need to be careful what we ask for. NOOOOO! There is absolutely nothing wrong with WHAT we pray because we SHOULD pray for those things, but God is waiting on something BIG to do for us! BE BOLD in your prayers! Ask and it shall be given, Seek and you shall find. God is waiting to "show up and show off" in your life so that He can be glorified.
       Next, I learned that we will watch any reality show they throw on TV. Have you checked out Bayou Billionaires? Or are you hooked on one of the Housewives shows? Can you believe how those women act? What about Swamp People? Gotta love it!
   I've learned that once people know how yummy my hubby cooks deer meat, that everybody wants some! I've learned that even the strongest of friends still need a friend of their own sometimes to cry on a shoulder. I've learned that just because you have satellite and a million channels doesn't mean you get them ALL! Yep, we missed out on the big game during the Madonna concert! I've learned that just because you have cancer doesn't mean you curl up in a ball and give up. I love you and your bald head Skylar!

    And last but not least, I've learned that a true Southern Belle is happy with her Southern life, but having dreams is still absolutely OK and you should still GO AFTER THEM!
Embrace your awesomeness because YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Until next time,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment