Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rainy Saturday. Time for some chili.

    Today is a messy weather day here in Southeast Alabama. The kind where you just want to curl up under a blanket, watch a movie and just be lazy. But, a wife's job is not quite that easy most days is it? So far today, I have done laundry, ran a couple of errands, bought groceries, put up groceries, return texts and emails, fed & walked the dog and managed to catch the episode of Real Housewives of Orange County that I missed last week. Oops. Probably shouldn't have admitted that last part. Trying to look like a busy housewife here.
    Now, I'm about to get ready to brave the wind and rain to go check out a local event. My hubby is in a chili cook off at this event so I must go cheer him on! Hope he wins!!! Or do I? This is his first time in an actual contest event so if he wins he'll probably want to do it every weekend. BOO! 


    And of course, today is no different than most days of my life. My mind is cluttered with ideas and decisions to be made regarding my career choices. Why can't I just concentrate on ONE thing? So frustrating. Southern life is supposed to be about simplicity isn't it? But noooo, not me! Hello, my name is Amy and I'm an ideas addict. 
    Random thought to throw in here~ I am IN LOVE with the candles from Bass Pro Shops! I was the good wife and mother the other day and took my child shopping in Destin, FL. Hubby thought it might be nice of me to go into Bass Pro to buy his new turkey huntin camo for him. So I did. :) But not without buying me a lil' something too. I bought the roasted expresso candle in the camping style tin cup and let me tell you..... I have not even lit the thing yet and it's smelling up the entire living/kitchen area. Love it! 


     Stay tuned later in the spring to hear all about my very first turkey hunt! Yep, I'm gonna go! I might try to master the turkey call, just won't be doing the shooting. That's his job!


     Guess I better stop blogging and get ready to go eat some prize winning chili!


Until next time,
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment